Thursday, July 17, 2014

Swamp Bats profiles: Connor Jones

Connor Jones

Connor Jones is scheduled to start Saturday’s game when Keene plays host to the Sanford Mainers. 
The 6 foot, 3 inch right-hander was part of the Virginia team that went to the College World Series and he led his team with 24 appearances out of the Cavaliers bullpen.

His teammates included Conner Fitzsimons and Conner Simonetti. One could say the Swamp Bats lead the NECBL in “Connors” (or, Conner’s). “It’s something I didn’t know about until I got here,” Jones laughed. “But we call Connor Fitz and pitchers get called by their last name. So as common as Jones is, I’m the only one on the team.”

That’s one problem solved.

After a year of fall baseball, the spring season and tournament play, he could hardly be blamed for wanting to take the rest of the summer off.  He was tempted but “After two days at home, I’d be itching for something to do.” But Connor Jonesy sees playing in Keene with the Swamp Bats offers “the chance to ‘work on my game and on my skills and make more friends.”

No comments:

Post a Comment